Cronus is a SmartNIC PCIe card and is designed for network monitoring and security applications that require high throughput and low latency. It is a unique, hardware accelerated solution that combines network monitoring capability with Security Analytics Acceleration (SAA) and content processing.
Cronus SmartNIC is a customisable Network Interface Card (NIC) enabling security log analytics offload for accelerating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. It is used as a fast filtering appliance to deliver time sensitive and vital data that SIEM systems need. It merges data from multiple sources, such as network sensors and switch and router security logs. Cronus performs rule based content analysis, feature extraction and log filtering on this data. It then steers the extracted data to the designated SIEM functions. The Cronus Software Development Kit (SDK) is comprised of a SIEM plug-in (Splunk®) and regular expression (RegEx) log packet rule compiler.
Cronus is designed for high performance Regular Expression (RegEx) pattern matching for the following applications:
- Security Analytics Acceleration (SAA)
- Next generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Deep Flow Inspection (DFI)
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation
- Network Monitoring
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Advanced auditing of user / application security policies
- Rule based content processing for spam, URL, adware
- Financial data mining - parsing of streamed financial feeds